Scope 4 Coventry
- Helping Adults & Children With Cerebral Palsy
- Outreach Workers
- Assists With Benefit And Grant Applications
86 Bulls Head Lane
Telno: 02476 441 044
Scope 4 Coventry
Scope 4 Coventry & Warwickshire is an independent Charity. Our work is purely voluntary and we depend on donations from members of the pulic for our funding. Our aim is to help and support adults, children and their families living with the condition known as cerebral palsy.
The purpose of the organisation is to enable our members to lead full and independent lives with the help of some of the services we offer to themselves and family members.
We offer a wide range of services which include:
What is Cerebral Palsy?
- An outreach worker who is there to provide help and support
- We provide low cost holidays in three disabled friendly bungalows
- We also provide a limited transport service
- We organise events and outings for our members and their families
- We host regular meetings and support groups in which all members can attend
Cerebral palsy (CP) is not a disease or an illness. It is the description of a physical impairment that affects movement. It is most commonly the result of failure of a part of the brain to develop, either before birth or during early childhood. Individual learning difficulties or movement problems vary from being barely noticeable to extremely severe. No two people with CP are the same - it is as individual as people themselves. Much can be done to help people with CP, but it cannot be cured.
About one baby in every 400 is born with CP. This statistic is remarkably constant despite advances in medical technology. Over the years infant mortality rates have improved dramatically and pre natal care is far more advanced than in previous times but children continue to be diagnosed with the condition. So, it would appear that there will continue to be an ongoing need for the services provided by Scope4Coventry & Warwickshire.